Thursday, May 22, 2014

Stripping

The kitchen is actually not too bad. A bit dated, but good space. Plenty of storage and the cabinets are in decent shape, so no hurry on a major upgrade needed soon. But something was off.

After a few visits, I figured it out: there was way too much going on. Yellow and blue on the walls, with a flower border and a brick wall and tiles with little plants on them and blue countertops. Plus the light. Well, see for yourself:

The brick wall, which we actually like:


I decided to go for the low-hanging fruit. I would remove the border, change the light, and paint the room in a neutral color. The first two have been completed:



Here's a better picture of the removal:

And a better picture of the light:

Stay tuned for the painting!




2 comments:

  1. What a difference just that made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back. Just went through the other entries. I am in awe of your taste in light fixtures. They are so appropriate to the house and to you two, well, in my opinion, to you two.

    ReplyDelete